Second Place Grand Prize: (1) E-Book from every
To enter, comment on the homepage of the blog hop here. Comment on this blog with your email address for an additional entry.
As a huge cheesecake fan, I make one for every holiday. This is my favorite recipe
New York Cheesecake
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus room-temperature butter for pan
- 12 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 1/2 pounds bar cream cheese, room temperature (I always use Philadelphia)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. (I cheat on this and skip the lemon zest. You can also use vanilla instead of lemon.)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make crust: Butter a 9-by-3-inch springform pan. In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs form; add melted butter, sugar, and salt, and pulse to combine. Press crumb mixture into bottom and about 1 inch up side of pan. Bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes; let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
Set a kettle of water to boil. Make filling: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until fluffy, scraping down side of bowl. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Beat in lemon zest and juice, and salt. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition. Beat in sour cream.
Wrap bottom half of pan in foil. Pour in filling; place in a roasting pan. Pour in boiling water to come halfway up side of springform. Bake until just set in center, about 1 3/4 hours. Remove pan from water; let cool 20 minutes. Run a paring knife around edge; let cool completely. Cover; chill overnight before serving.
This is a recipe from Martha Stewart. I’d like to add that I think the most important part of making a cheesecake is not overcooking it. If it starts to crack, it’s over cooking. The surface should remain level. I typically check to whether my cheesecake is cooked by tapping on the pan. You want the inner 2-3″ in diameter to still jiggle when you stop cooking.
My ebook contribution is an ecopy of the keepers.
Two days ago, Jo Davids was a waitress by night and a college kid by day, with the unnerving problem of objects floating around her.
One Day ago, Jo’s sexy boss, Cormac, noticed her for all the wrong reasons when she witnessed a man transform into a monster in the basement of his casino.
Today, Cormac ordered her shot.
If he’s real lucky, she won’t die. Because if she does, all hope is lost.
Check out the rest of the participating sites and gain extra entries.
1. Just Jeannie’s Books and Bling
2. Liberty Ann’s Snifferwalk Books
3. Fab Four
4. Lady Amber’s Reviews
5. Stephanie’s Book Shelf
6. Shhh, Mommy’s In the Bathtub…Reading
7. Sizzling Reads
8. Susan B. Anna
9. The Maze of Twisty Passages
10. A Book Junkie’s Obsession
11. In The Pages of a Good Book
4. Daryl Devore | 5. Victoria Adams | 6. Jessica E. Subject
7. Liza O’Connor | 8. Andrea Cooper | 9. Regina Morris
10. N. L. Greene | 11. Angela Rose | 12. Jerrie Alexander
13. Harper A. Brooks | 14. Lori King | 15. K’Anne Meinel
16. A. J. Williams | 17. Tara Lain | 18. Ginger Ring
19. Malia Mallory | 20. Jennifer Lowery | 21. T. F. Walsh
22. Heather Long | 23. Sophia Renny | 24. Susan Edwards
25. Anna Wells | 26. Anne Lange | 27. Catherine Wolffe
28. Ann Marie Oakes | 29. Ella Sheridan | 30. Amber Lea Easton
31. Tory Richards | 32. Morgan K Wyatt | 33. Dani Wade
34. Kim Headlee | 35. Mary Wehr | 36. Dariel Raye
37. Donna Steele | 38. Nhys Glover | 39. Renea Mason
40. Jennie Marsland | 41. Kellie Kamryn | 42. Jinni James
43. Carol A. Strickland | 44. Krista Ames | 45. Sandra Schwab
46. Justine Elvira | 47. Suzan Tisdale | 48. Zoe Dawson
49. Harlie Williams | 50. Lynda K. Frazier | 51. Kathryn Edgar
52. Natalie Gibson (Satin Sheets Romance) | 53. Dakota Trace
54. Draven St. James | 55. Jodi Vaughn | 56. Donna Augustine
57. Cait Jarrod | 58. Tracy Lee | 59. Laura Howard
60. A. L. Jambor | 61. Lynn Richards | 62. Hennessee Andrews
63. Christy Dilg | 64. Angela Peach | 65. Holly Roberts
66. Nikki Barrett | 67. Alexandra Anthony | 68. Tracy Lee
69. Paige Tyler | 70. Lynn Lawler | 71. Tabitha Short
72. Dawn Martinez | 73. Madison Johns
74. Mary Moriarty 75. M. J. Summers
PDF GRAB BAG BOOKS for SECOND GRAND PRIZE!!!